Hello my name is Akosa Onyedikachi, I am an IT Consultant and a Digital Marketing Expert. I am the founder of AgamaHub.Com a digital marketing company that help clients grow traffic, customer base and sales. In this post I am going to show you how to increase traffic on you blogger.com blog. This post is ment for bloggers , and I would not be answering questions pertaining to How I can start blogging, if you want this service, you can visit the “Request to Join a Class” page on our site, You would find various subjects on The basics of blogging. I am not going to waste your time, lets get straight to business.
Do you know there are search robots? They are responsible for recognizing the updates on our sites and notifying the search engines about the same.
With the help of good predefined tags, you can communicate with the crawlers to increase and decrease the search visibility. This is exactly what you are going to read about in this post.
Follow These Simple Steps
· Go to Blogger.com.
· Go to Setting.
· Go to Search Preferences.
· Their you see the heading write as Crawlers And Indexing.
· Click edit Custom Robot.txt.
· Paste the Robot.txt file their if you have no robot.txt file then visit our site to get 1 FREE
· When you paste this code then click save. Now you can also see in your webmaster tools there your robot file is also submit. If you want to check this go to webmaster tools and click Health link and go to Block URL but remember it work or show after one day or few hours.
The Next Step is Indexing
In Blogger, you are going to deal with the following custom robots header tags.
– If you set this tag, crawlers are not bound by any constraints. They can freely crawl, index and expose .
– Not all the blogs are for public notice. Even if you don’t share the URL of your personal blog with anybody, chances are people will come to it from search results. On such a scenario, you can use noindex tag as it prevents search engines from indexing the pages.
– Nofollow and dofollow tags are for outbound links. Dofollow is the default robot tag for all your outbound links. That means the search engines can sneak upon the pages you linked to. If you don’t want search bots to look through your links, addition of a nofollow tag must help you.
– none combines the features of both noindex and nofollow tags. The crawlers will neither index your pages nor skim through the links.
– You might have noticed a cached label with most of the website links on SERPs. It shows that Google has captured a copy of your site into their server to display in case it goes down. That being said, the noarchive tag turns off cached version in search pages.
– The text snippets in search results help people find what’s on the webpage. If you want to keep the content exclusive, you can turn this header tag on.
– Open Directory Project or Dmoz is a man-made . Google use the information from there sometimes. You can turn it off with this tag if you want to.
– Do you want to disable translation on your site? Then use notranslate for the exact purpose.
– If you allow Google to index your images, people may steal it and use on their own websites. To prevent that, you can keep the images deindexed using noimageindex tag. Also Read this .
– In Blogger, you will get a field right to this tag. So, the webpage will be deindexed after this time.
With that being said, let’s get into the real meat of this post.
How to Setup Custom Robots Header Tags?
As you know, we are talking about setting up robots tags on blogger. Follow the steps given below to proceed with this.
: Visit and sign in to your account. From the list of your blogs, choose the one for which you want to modify robots tags.
: Then go to Settings >> Search preference. There you can see a setting called Custom robots header tags under Crawlers and Indexing. Click the Edit link to the right of it.
: At this step, you will notice two radio buttons. Obviously, the first one should be your pick.
: Now, you will get a set of check boxes. But don’t get intimidated! It may feel like a complicated one, but it’s not. You can set them on your own by reading the “Custom Robots Header Tags and Purpose” once again. Or, just follow the same settings I chose (refer to the image given below) and hit Save changes.
Now You Are Good To Go
Trust me custom robots header tags are powerful! As Google provides a readymade setup to use them, why don’t you go for it?